Filmmakers are invited to submit their features, documentaries and shorts for consideration to the 2014 Los Angeles Greek Film Festival (LAGFF), to be held June 4 – June 8, 2014 in Los Angeles.
Eligible films include works by Greek filmmakers and filmmakers of Greek descent worldwide; films about Greece; Greek and Cypriot productions or co-productions; as well as films by emerging US and local filmmakers with a prevalent Greek theme.
Films by Greek directors, writers, and producers; films by actors in starring roles; co-directors, co-writers and co-producers are also eligible. Must be credited.
2014 submission deadlines:
Regular: February 23
Late: March 10
- All non-English films must have English subtitles.
- Electronic submissions are encouraged. Please submit uploaded film links to: email@example.com including userid and password as applicable. Commercial transfer sites, such as dropbox.com, wetransfer.com, yousendit.com, may also be used. Make sure that you include the title in the submitting email.
- More than one film may be submitted, but each must be submitted on a separate electronic submission or DVD (NTSC or PAL region free) screener and accompanied by separate submission form, entry fee, and printed payment receipt.
- DVD screener submissions should be clearly marked, including the film title (in English,) running time, format and contact information. Please indicate the country of origin. Avoid sticker labels on the DVDs.
- Submission DVDs will not be returned.
- Entry fee is non-refundable and required at the time of submission. – - Please pay the entry fee by PayPal or through Withoutabox.com. Do not send cash or check.
- Feature, documentary and short film submissions must have been completed within three years prior to June 2014 (no earlier than January 2011).
- Films submitted to LAGFF 2013 which were not accepted, provided they were completed no earlier than January 2011, may be resubmitted. New entry fee and completed submission form are required.
- It is strongly recommended that films submitted have a film trailer posted online. Films accepted into the festival must have trailer posted on-line. The trailer must have English subtitles.
Feature film: 60 min and over
Feature documentary film: 45 min and over
Short film: under 60 min
Short documentary film: under 45 min
Student short film showcase: Under 30 min
Best Fiction Feature Film,
Best Documentary Film,
Best Short Film,
Special Jury Award
SCREENING REQUIREMENTS: PLEASE SEE APPLICATION If your film is selected for exhibition, you must provide LAGFF with:
- Subtitled copy of the selected film in either 35mm or DCP or Blue-ray (professional quality) for exhibition.
- 10 DVD screeners (NTSC) for features and 3 DVD screeners (NTSC) for shorts.
- Photo stills in electronic form.
- Complete list of credits (cast & crew)
- Biography and filmography of the submitting filmmaker.
- Posters/postcards (if applicable)
- Trailer in digital format (if applicable)
Feature film (60 minutes or over), feature documentary film (45 minutes or over): REGULAR/LATE: $45/$50 by February23/March 10, 2014 – STUDENT RATE: $25 by March 10, 2014
Short film (less than 60 min) and short documentary film (less than 45 min): REGULAR/LATE: $35 by February 23/ March 10, 2014 – STUDENT RATE: $20 by March 10, 2014
TWO WAYS OF SUBMITTING
1) Without a Box (WAB) submission
a. WAB Application
b. Submit Screeners as described above (electronic or DVD)
c. Pay fees in WAB